Our Aggro Burn Mage deck guide features the best deck list for Season 37, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
We've seen Aggro Burn Mage decks in Hearthstone before, but the archetype's getting another airing in the early days of the Journey to Un'Goro metagame. Although we wouldn't consider it one of the best aggro decks you can play right now, it's certainly effective if you need to rattle off a couple of related Daily Quests nice and quickly.
In our Aggro Burn Mage guide, we've got a quick snapshot of one of the best deck lists available for the archetype right now, followed by a bit of advice on getting your starting hand together. After that we've got a breakdown of all the combos that actually power this deck, so you have a better understanding of how to actually play it!
This is the first edition of a guide that we will expand on in time, and should the archetype prove to be more than just an early meta flash in the pan. For now though, this should be just enough to get you started on your journey with a more aggressive take on the typical Mage deck.
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our round-up of the best Journey to Un'Goro decks that are busting their way into the new metagame!
Aggro Burn Mage deck list and strategy - April 2017
We think this should be a strong Aggro Burn Mage deck list for this stage of the Un'Goro metagame. We'll update this list once we've got a bit more play time with it under our belts.
|2 x Arcane Missiles||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Babbling Book||2 x Loot Hoarder|
|2 x Mana Wyrm||2 x Coldlight Oracle|
|1 x Mirror Image||1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
|2 x Arcanologist|
|2 x Frostbolt|
|2 x Medivh's Valet|
|2 x Primordial Glyph|
|2 x Sorcerer's Apprentice|
|2 x Arcane Intellect|
|2 x Ice Block|
|2 x Fireball|
|1 x Firelands Portal|
We'll expand on this strategy section once we've had a chance to play more of the deck in the live game. For now, check out the combo section further down the page for an idea of how these cards all come together.
Just keep in mind that you haven't got a huge amount of finishing burst damage in this deck, so it's important to have your early minions dish out some damage, and do what you have to to keep even these meagre fighting forces alive.
Aggro Burn Mage Mulligan guide - April 2017
Even if they're relatively weak by themselves, it's important that you get a board of minions going as quickly as possible. Accordingly, dig into your deck for minions like Arcanologist, Babbling Book, Loot Hoarder, Sorcerer's Apprentice and Mana Wyrm. Which of these you get will determine any spells you choose to hold onto as well, but it's important that you start getting actual minions in play above all else.
Check the next combo section for an idea of how these minion cards might affect other choices for your starting hand. When the post-launch metagame has settled down, we'll provide some tips for keeping specific cards against specific opponents.
More great Mage guides:
- 1. Quest Mage - Quest Mage deck list guide (Open the Waygate)
- 2. Aggro Burn Mage - Aggro Burn Mage deck list guide
- 3. Elemental Mage - Elemental Mage deck list guide
- 4. Freeze Mage - Freeze Mage deck list guide
- 5. Tempo Mage - Tempo Mage deck list guide
- 6. Quest decks - Hearthstone: Un'Goro Quest decks
- 7. Un'Goro decks - Hearthstone: Un'Goro decks
- 8. Tier list - Hearthstone: Deck Tier List (Standard) - April 2017 (Season 37)
Aggro Burn Mage tips, combos and synergies - April 2017
Here are all of the core combos that are available to you in this particular Aggro Burn Mage deck list:
- Mana Wyrm's Attack power increases by a single point for each spell you subsequently play.
- Arcanologist is guaranteed to put Ice Block into your hand, as it's the only Secret included in this particular deck list.
- Consider the tempo gain that can be achieved by playing Medivh's Valet once your Ice Block has been activated.
- Bloodmage Thalnos increased the strength of all your damage dealing spells.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice reduces the cost of all spells by one Mana point for as long as she remains out on the board. This deduction synergises further with the innate cost reduction effect of Primordial Glyph.