Our Quest Buff Paladin guide (The Last Kaleidosaur) features the best deck list for Season 37, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Quest Buff Paladin is a Hearthstone deck built around the Last Kaleidosaur Quest card received by the Paladin in the game's Journey to Un'Goro expansion. The objective here is to cast a total of six spells on your own minions, at which point you'll be granted a card called Galvadon as your reward. The Paladin has quite a few buffing spells to achieve this, and so it's surprisingly easy to tick the task off.
In the next of our Un'Goro Quest guides, we'll outline a solid deck list for your first few forays on the ladder with this archetype, and also give some basic Mulligan advice to help you get off to a good start. Finally we've got a list of all the combos that power this deck, and we'll be expanding the guide considerably in the weeks and months ahead. Check back for updates.
First of all, it's useful to outline the new cards that actually power this deck. You'll find a gallery of these cards just below the descriptions as well:
(Note that our usual card hover system which lets you view cards at a glance is in the process of being updated for Un'Goro.)
The Last Kaleidosaur: Your 1 Mana quest card. Cast spells on 6 of your minions and you'll receive Galvadon as your reward.
Galvadon: A 5 Mana 5/5 that you can put through the Adapt process a total of 5 times (you probably want to ensure you get Stealth on this...)
Adaptation: This 1 Mana spell card allows you to put a minion through the Adapt process introduced with the new expansion.
Lost in the Jungle: A 1 Mana card that summons a pair of Silver Hand Recruits onto the board.
Primalfin Champion: A 2 Mana 1/2 Murloc that returns any of the spells you've spent on it when it dies.
Devilsaur Egg: A 3 Mana 0/3 that summons a 5/5 Mana creature when it dies. Buff it up, get use out of it, then get something back when it dies - simple.
The Voraxx: A 4 Mana 3/3 that spawns a 1/1 minion when you cast a spell on it. That same spell effect is then also applied to the new minion.
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our round-up of the best Journey to Un'Goro decks that are busting their way into the new metagame!
Quest Buff Paladin (The Last Kaleidosaur) deck list and strategy
Here's a pretty typical deck list for Quest Buff Paladin. Note that there'll be lots of tweaks and changes made in the next few weeks, so don't craft anything you're unsure about.
|2 x Adaptation||2 x Argent Squire|
|2 x Blessing of Might||2 x Devilsaur Egg|
|2 x Blessing of Wisdom||1 x Harvest Golem|
|2 x Divine Strength||1 x The Voraxx|
|2 x Lost in the Jungle||2 x Twilight Summoner|
|2 x Meanstreet Marshal|
|1 x The Last Kaleidosaur|
|2 x Primalfin Champion|
|1 x Wickerflame Burnbristle|
|2 x Blessing of Kings|
|2 x Silvermoon Portal|
|2 x Truesilver Champion|
(Take a look at our Un'Goro crafting guide if you want to find out more about the selection process behind some of these cards.)
We'll be adding lots of strategy advice here once we've had a chance to play the deck in the live metagame. For now, check the combo section for details on how this deck actually comes together!
More Paladin guides:
- 1. Quest Paladin - Quest Buff Paladin deck list guide (The Last Kaleidosaur)
- 2. Aggro Paladin - Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 3. Control Paladin - Control Paladin deck list guide
- 4. Midrange Paladin - Midrange Paladin deck list guide
- 5. Murloc Paladin - Murloc Paladin deck list guide
- 6. Quest decks - Hearthstone: Un'Goro Quest decks
- 7. Un'Goro decks - Hearthstone: Un'Goro decks
- 8. Tier list - Hearthstone: Deck Tier List (Standard) - April 2017 (Season 37)
Quest Buff Paladin (The Last Kaleidosaur) Mulligan guide
Although it's tricky to give Mulligan advice this early on, cards like Argent Squire and Devilsaur Egg are going to be prime keeps, and will probably survive on the board long enough to get at least an initial buff. Divine Strength seems like a useful card too - this should give you an early tempo boost to help control the board.
When we next update this guide we'll be able to include more hero-specific advice - we just need a bit of time to play around in the live metagame!
Quest Buff Paladin (The Last Kaleidosaur) tips, combos and synergies
Here are the combos you need to think about while playing this deck:
- Apply any buffing card to Devilsaur Egg to make it more useful, and able to proactively trigger its spawn as well.
- If you're completely new the mechanic, our Adapt guide will help you wrap your head around how this combos with cards.
- Whenever you apply a buff to The Voraxx, it'll create a 1/1 minion and drop the same buff onto it afterwards. You should try to make as big a play out of this as you can (see Blessing of Kings), as the opponent will almost certainly remove The Voraxx as a priority.
- Meanstreet Marshal will only draw an extra card on death if you've buffed its Attack up by at least one point by the time it's been destroyed.
- Use Twilight Summoner to copy something massive (quite possibly your Galvadon).
When we flesh this guide out further we'll include the biggest killer late-game combos. Until then, please let us know what's working out well for you in the comments.