Our Jade Druid (Standard) guide features the best deck list for the current meta, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Jade Druid is a Hearthstone deck that actually shares quite a few things in common with the well-established ramp archetype that you might already be familiar with. This time around though - and as the name suggests - you've got some exciting new Jade Golem cards from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion to play around with as well.
First, let's turn our focus to the signature new cards that make this deck viable in the first place. Jade Blossom is a minion which both increases your Mana reserves further, and grants you an early Jade Golem. Jade Idol provides an equally useful early start too, but arguably works better in combination with Fandral Staghelm.
As for your other Jade cards, Jade Spirit, Aya Blackpaw and Jade Behemoth all strengthen your growing collection of increasing powerful Golem minions! As you'd expect, it's actually quite easy to very quickly build up a dominating board of Golems which your opponent should struggle to batter down.
In our guide to this relatively new archetype to hit the Hearthstone metagame, we're going to kick things off with a closer look at of one of the most popular versions of the deck. Following that we've got a few important Mulligan tips to help you get off to the strongest start in every match. Finally, we finish things up with a teardown of all the most important combos and synergies available in this particular version of Jade Druid.
It's important to stress that there are other versions of this deck that you can try out! Don't forget to let us know about how you're getting on with any alternatives in the comments, so we can try out the changes ourselves.
Editor's note: March 2017 update - The most popular version of post-nerf Jade Druid that we're aware of ditches the single Ancient of War and a Druid of the Claw from last month, and replaces them with an extra Feral Rage and our old friend Yogg-Saron, Hope's End. That's quite a shake-up, and we're looking forward to see how this deck performs in the dying days of the Gadgetzan metagame.
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
Jade Druid (Standard) deck list and strategy - March 2017
Jade Druid is undergoing a fair bit of refinement at the moment, so be ready to accommodate further changes as things settle down. Still, we think this is the best Jade Druid deck list you can pilot right now:
|2 x Innervate||2 x Azure Drake|
|2 x Jade Idol||1 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|2 x Living Roots||1 x Yogg-Saron, Hope's End|
|2 x Wild Growth|
|2 x Wrath|
|2 x Feral Rage|
|2 x Jade Blossom|
|1 x Mulch|
|1 x Fandral Staghelm|
|2 x Jade Spirit|
|2 x Swipe|
|1 x Druid of the Claw|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Aya Blackpaw|
|2 x Jade Behemoth|
Alternative Jade Druid lists
While the deck list outlined above is our recommended one for climbing the ladder this month, you might like to check out some of the other options that are available.
The signature cards in this deck all support the summoning of your Jade Golems. While the first of these creatures brought into play will only have weak 1/1 stats, the second will be a 2/2, the third a 3/3 and so on ad infinitum as each game plays out.
As a result of these shifting stats, it's incredibly important that you anticipate your opponent's possible removal or AOE clear options in the next few turns, so that you summon these creatures at a size that will make life as difficult as possible for the opponent to deal with.
It's not easy to do this, but familiarity with the latest shifts in the broader Hearthstone metagame will give you a powerful advantage here.
Although this video is a couple of months old now - and so is unlikely to use an identical deck list to ours - we recommend taking some time to study a few games in action.
Trump's one of our favourite Hearthstone players and streamers, and you should watch this video all the way to the end - it'll be fifteen minutes very well spent if you want to get serious about using Jade Druid on the ladder.
More great Druid guides:
- The best Standard decks in Hearthstone - March 2017
- The best Wild decks in Hearthstone - March 2017
- Hearthstone: Deck Tier List - March 2017
- Hearthstone: Druid decks - Standard, Wild and Budget
- Beast Druid (Standard) deck list and guide
- C'Thun Druid (Standard) deck list and guide
- Jade Druid (Standard) deck list and guide
- Malygos Druid (Standard) deck list and guide
- Menagerie Druid (Standard) deck list and guide
- Ramp Druid (Standard) deck list and guide
Jade Druid (Standard) Mulligan guide - March 2017
Use the following hero-specific tips as a guideline for either keeping or discarding the cards that turn up at the very start of a match.
These suggestions assume you don't have The Coin, but if you do then you can afford to hang onto Jade Blossom if it's not already featured in the list below:
Druid - Innvervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
Hunter - Innervate, Living Roots, Wild Growth, Wrath
Mage - Innvervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
Paladin - Innervate, Living Roots, Wild Growth, Wrath. Jade Blossom
Priest - Innvervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
Rogue - Innvervate, Living Roots, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
Shaman - Innvervate, Living Roots, Wild Growth, Wrath
Warlock - Innvervate, Living Roots, Wild Growth, Wrath
Warrior - Innvervate, Living Roots, Wild Growth, Wrath
Jade Druid (Standard) tips, combos and synergies - March 2017
At this stage of the archetype's relatively brief existence, everyone will benefit from studying the following list of card combos and synergies very carefully!
- Each spell in the deck - however little it costs - will cause an active Gadgetzan Auctioneer to pop an extra card into your hand. With your Mana-boosting spells, you can make some massive plays on a single turn if you line things up nicely.
- If the card you want to play features the Choose One mechanic, then you'll actually receive the benefit of both options as long as Fandral Staghelm is alive and out on the board. Make sure you plan out your turn carefully as a result
- Azure Drake will boost the damage output of your spells for as long as the dragon is alive and out on the board.
- There are four cards with Jade Golem synergy in this deck list: Jade Idol, Jade Blossom, Jade Spirit, Aya Blackpaw and Jade Behemoth. Your first Jade Golem will be a 1/1 minion, but each subsequently summoned Golem will gain +1/+1 stats.
- Note that Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will cast one randomly chosen spell from across the entire Hearthstone card pool for each spell you yourself played earlier on in the match.