Evolve Shaman isn't an enormously strong deck in Hearthstone right now, but if you want to give it a go then we think this reworked Gadgetzan version of the established archetype is about as good as it gets.
The very general idea here is to get a generally good board presence going, have those minions do good work, and then upgrade them via Evolve. Good luck!
Editor's note - March 2017 update: Despite the recent nerf to Spirit Claws, there are no changes to account for in this month's preferred version of Evolve Shaman deck. It's pretty far down the list of competitive decks right now if we're honest, and it remains to be seen whether or not it'll even survive into the Un'Goro metagame.
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
|2 x Evolve||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Lightning Bolt||2 x Azure Drake|
|2 x Tunnel Trogg|
|2 x Flametongue Totem|
|2 x Maelstrom Portal|
|2 x Spirit Claws|
|2 x Totem Golem|
|2 x Feral Spirit|
|2 x Hex|
|2 x Lightning Storm|
|1 x Mana Tide Totem|
|1 x Jinyu Waterspeaker|
|1 x Bloodlust|
|2 x Doppelgangster|
|2 x Thing from Below|
More great Shaman guides:
- The best Standard decks in Hearthstone - March 2017
- The best Wild decks in Hearthstone - March 2017
- Hearthstone: Deck Tier List - March 2017
- Aggro Shaman (Standard) deck list and guide
- Control Shaman (Standard) deck list and guide
- Evolve Shaman (Standard) deck list and guide
- Jade Midrange Shaman (Standard) deck list and guide
Evolve Shaman (Standard) Mulligan guide - March 2017
In just about every situation you should keep Spirit Claws, Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem. Feral Spirit is another solid keep if you've the earlier play taken care of.
Evolve Shaman (Standard) combos and synergies - March 2017 2017
Here are the key combos available to you when playing this particular version of Evolve Shaman:
- Bloodmage Thalnos and Azure Drake both increase the strength of your damage-dealing spells: Maelstrom Portal, Lightning Bolt and Lightning Storm.
- Both your Hero Power totems and your card-based totems reduce the cost of Thing from Below.
- Bloodlust provides another path towards creating massive game-ending damage if your Evolve has fallen flat.
- Evolve and Doppelgangster is a particularly powerful combo that you need to be aware of.
- If you have a source of spell damage out on the board, your Spirit Claws remain more powerful for as long as the boosting minion lives.
- Tunnel Trogg's strength grows in direct correlation with the value of the Overload penalties you incur subsequently.
If you've made any changes to this format that have made the deck stronger, pop a note in the comments so we can try out the new version for ourselves!